• S 4,5,6 Information Evening | Posted: Jan 2017 | The Powerpoint presentation from the S 4,5,6 presentation evening can be found here, and the YASS modules information leaflet can be found by clicking here.
• Snow Procedures | Posted: Jan 2017 | With the current forecast for adverse weather including snow we attach a reminder of The Gordon Schools snow closure procedure. Snow Procedure Letter.
• Prelim Timetable | Posted: Dec 2016 | When we return to school in January we will be just a short few weeks away from our prelims. If you’re stuck for something to do during the break have a look at the prelim timetable and get a head start on revision.
• Scholar | Posted: Nov 2016 | All Scottish schools have been provided with SCHOLAR passwords to issue to students studying National 5, Highers and Advanced Highers. Click here to find out more.
• Good News | Posted: Nov 2016 | Former pupil Iona Fyfe has been named as 1 of 6 finalists in the BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician 2017 competition. She will perform in the Final at international traditional music festival Celtic Connections in February 2017. https://projects.handsupfortrad.scot/youngtrad/bbc-radio-scotland-young-traditional-musician-2017-finalists-announced/ Well done Iona and good luck.
• Educational Maintenance Allowance | Posted: Nov 2016 | Is money keeping you back from continuing your learning at school or college?
If you’re 16 to 19 years old you could get £30 a week to help you continue learning, through the Educational Maintenance Allowance programme. The EMA is a Scottish Government fund to support young people from lower income families to continue with their studies. Around 33,000 students in Scotland receive the allowance.
You could be eligible if your family earns up to £24,421 a year – or £26,884 if you have siblings – depending on the course you’re studying or if you are on an Activity Agreement. The payment is based on attendance and on you fulfilling any learning agreement you may have.
If you want to find out if you’re eligible for the allowance speak to our Guidance teacher about how you get an application form. Or find out more at www.emascotland.com.
• School Closure Alerts | Posted: Aug 2016 | Aberdeenshire council has changed the way parents receive online alerts about school closures and changes to school transport. You can now sign up for these notifications through myaccount on the Aberdeenshire Council website – if you currently pay for school meals online, you will already be registered.
myaccount is a simple, secure way of accessing a range of Scottish public services using just one username and password and 13,000 parents across Aberdeenshire are already enjoying the benefits of it.
As well as being able to sign up for alerts, your home page will automatically give you handy information such as your bin collection days, where your nearest recycling centre is and the names of your local councillors.
So, if you want to be kept up-to-date and take advantage of the other myaccount benefits, sign up to the new system by going to the Aberdeenshire Council website and clicking on the red register button in the top right-hand corner.
For previous School Announcements please visit this page.
Welcome to The Gordon Schools website. This site is designed to help parents, pupils and members of the wider community find any information they might need about the school. We are very proud of our school and keen to share our achievements and successes of our pupils with you. You can also obtain up-to-date information on school activities, events and meetings on this website.
We are determined to ensure that every one of our young people achieves the very best they can at TGS both in and out of the classroom.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information – we will be happy to help.Mr P Gaiter Rector The Gordon Schools, Huntly