At The Gordon Schools we believe that everyone deserves to have their opinions and views heard. We conduct this process of sharing and feedback through our Pupil Council – a group of elected candidates representing each register class within the school. Any pupil can take their suggestions, comments or opinions to their class representative who will, in turn, put it forward to the Pupil Council. All Pupil Council representatives have training and time is regularly set aside in registration for Pupil Council business to be conducted.
WHAT IS A PUPIL COUNCIL?
- Gives pupils the chance to tell teachers and staff their ideas.
- Represents each class in the school.
- Meets regularly to talk about important school issues and projects.
- Puts forward the class views at council meetings.
- Takes forward the views of the very young classes, who may find it difficult to put forward other’s opinions.